The Annual Esri International Conference (Esri UC) is one of the largest gatherings of geospatial analysts in the world, and CGIAR-CSI has been participating to showcase our work since 2011. Following last year’s format, this year we also set up a kiosk in the Sustainable World exhibition space, together with many partners working in the international research and development. Zhe Guo (IFPRI), Ram Dhulipala (ICRISAT), and Satish Nagaraji (ICRISAT) participated, and they shared take-home messages.
Zhe (pictured above, together with Carmelle, our Point of Contact at Esri)) found the following new technologies/features interesting and useful to our work:
- The development to integrate functions of Survey123 and Collector. Currently, these two tools have somewhat overlapping functionalities and purposes in the in-field data collection.
- ArcGIS Pro has new features such as Real-time streaming, Full Motion video, and Enhanced Predictive Analysis
- ArcGIS Online supports 3D area measurement tool using Web-scenes
- Big Data Analytics can be accessed through ArcGIS Pro or Python API
- Object detection/classification using Deep Learning in ArcGIS Pro
- Global ArcGIS online account free to all schools (K-12)