Following similar cropland extent mapping products for Africa and Asia, Murali Krishna Gumma (ICRISAT) and his colleagues at the Working Group on Global Croplands (WGGC) recently released a new suite of global data products, Global Food Security-support Analysis Data 30 meter (GFSAD30) Cropland Extent of 2015, All the data products are publicly available through the USGS Land Processes Distributed Active Archive Center (LP DAAC), along with appropriate Algorithm Theoretical Basis Documents (ATBD’s), user guides, validation datasets, and codes.
Murali kindly shared direct links to the resources (Thanks!):
- GFSAD30 LP DAAC Data Release:GFSAD30 data release for the entire world on LP DAAC: https://lpdaac.usgs.gov/about/news_archive/release_gfsad_30_meter_cropland_extent_products
- A complete list and product information for all GFSAD data products is provided here: https://lpdaac.usgs.gov/dataset_discovery/measures/measures_products_table
- On the LP DAAC Data Pool, you will find downloadable data for all of the GFSAD30 regions: https://e4ftl01.cr.usgs.gov/MEASURES/
- To browse and download GFSAD30 data products for all regions, visit NASA Earthdata Search: https://search.earthdata.nasa.gov/search?q=GFSAD30&ok=GFSAD30 (Note: In order to download the data, you will need a NASA URS account. Regiser at https://urs.earthdata.nasa.gov/users/new)
- Visualization: You can browse the data at https://web.croplands.org/app/map
Big congrats to the WGGC team for achieving this milestone!